Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Green Lantern!

Yesterday, the trailer hit for the new Green Lantern movie starring Ryan Reynolds. Green Lantern is my second favorite comic book character in the universe (behind The Flash). Of course that made me both excited and nervous for a big screen adaptation. Going in, I thought the property had the most cinematic potential, but also the most propensity to go off the rails.

So what did I think. The trailer rocks. Reynolds makes a great Hal Jordan. He's cocky, but still uncertain about whether he can shoulder the responsibility. The glimpses we get of Sinestro and Hector Hammond are fantastic. And a movie with Kilowog and Tomar Re! Awesome. The only two pieces that I'm unsure of are Blake Lively as Carol Ferris and the suit itself. Lively has one line at the beginning of the trailer that felt wooden. We'll see there. And we never really see the CGI suit in motion. I had that concern going in and still do.

All in all, this has a great look and an epic scale. Can. Not. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment